- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, hulled and sliced into 1/4 inch slices
- 2 Tablespoons cold butter, diced (this is to dot the strawberries with after they are in the baking pan)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 1 1/2 Teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into cubes
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
For the sauce:
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Butter a 9 inch round or square baking pan .
- For the sauce:
- Place 2 Tablespoons cornstarch, 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/2 cup sugar in a heavy duty saucepan. Cook on medium heat until the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat and add the strawberries, fold gently to mix.
- Place the strawberry mixture into the buttered baking dish and dot with butter.
For the crumble:
- Place the flour,sugar,baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Cut 3 Tablespoons of cold butter into the flour mixture until you have crumbs. Stir in the cream. Sprinkle the mixture evenly over the strawberries. Bake for 25 minutes at 400 degrees until biscuit topping is golden brown and filling is bubbly.
This article and recipe adapted from this site