- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts (About 4 pieces), cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 Tablespoons Cornstach
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp canola oil
- ½ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 4 Tablespoons ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp grated fresh ginger
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup cashews
- Combine cornstarch and pepper in resealable food storage bag. Add chicken. Shake to coat with cornstarch mixture.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken about 2 minutes on each side. Place chicken in slow cooker.
- Combine soy sauce, vinegar, ketchup, sweet chili sauce sugar, garlic, ginger, pepper flakes, and cashews in small bowl; pour over chicken. (I like my cashews to be softer so I add them during the cooking process, if you want more of a crunch, add them right before serving)
- Cook on LOW for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over rice. Makes 4-6 servings.
This article and recipe adapted from this site